Photo Challenge #6 – Sunsets
Sunset – a time when the sky explodes in color! There may not be a photographer alive who has never turned their lens on a sunset – the vivid colors seem to call to us to capture them. For a few minutes the fiery colors spread across the sky in oranges, yellows, reds, and pinks and then disappear as quickly as they came. Some days the sun sinks below the horizon without any fanfare, but on others, the sky explodes again in color – if you’re curious about the science behind the sunset(and sunrise), you can learn all about what causes the vibrant colors to appear in our article here! The sunset shown above was captured in the remote Big Bend National Park of Texas, where incredible desert sunsets in the rugged Chisos Mountains are a nearly daily occurrence.
In this week’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge, we’re challenging bloggers to get outside & photograph the very best sunsets! On Wednesday, November 21st (at 2pm EST, so be sure to submit your entries before that time!) we’ll choose 1 judge’s choice winner, 5 runner ups, and 1 audience choice winner & share their entries here on LetsBeWild.com! Send your friends to this page to leave a comment-vote for your entry to win the audience choice award!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter by signing up on the right sidebar, so that you can keep updated about the challenge winners and our upcoming challenges!
Here are the quick & easy Challenge rules – please read them carefully so that you can be entered in the running to win!
- To enter the challenge, create a new blog entry titled “Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Sunsets” and Copy and Paste the html code in the box below into your blog entry to let your followers know that you’re participating in the Photo Challenge so that they can join in the fun too.
- Take one or more photos of anything outdoors that you feel represents the Challenge theme best! The photos just have to be taken outside!
- The Audience Choice Winner will be decided based upon which entry below receives the most comments on this page – tell your friends and family to come and reply with a comment below your entry here on LetsBeWild.com! Everyone can vote for as many entries as they like.
- Comment on this page with the URL to your blog entry! After 7 days, we will announce the 1st Place Winner, Audience Choice Winner, and 5 Honorable Mention Winners, all of whom will have their winning shots with a link to their blog featured here on LetsBeWild.com
- Be sure to visit the blogs of other people entering the Weekly Challenge & leave them some comment love too!
- Both professionals and amateur photographers are welcome to participate, and both stand an equally good chance of winning!