Water – the most essential element to life. It can be found below the driest of deserts and even in the cold, dark reaches of space, frozen as ice on planets, comets, and asteroids. It’s in the air we breathe, the seas we swim in, the rainbows we marvel at, and even in our own bodies which are made of 60% water. Water covers 71% of the Earth’s surface and is necessary for all forms of life to exist, but despite the water that is seemingly everywhere, one billion people on our planet still lack access to safe, fresh drinking water and more than three million people die each year from water related diseases, most of them in the developing world.
In this week’s Wild Weekly Photo Challenge, we’re challenging bloggers to photograph what they feel best represents water! On Wednesday, November 7th (at 2pm EST, so be sure to submit your entries before that time!) we’ll choose 1 judge’s choice winner, 5 runner ups, and 1 audience choice winner & share their entries here on LetsBeWild.com! Send your friends to this page to leave a comment-vote for your entry to win the audience choice award!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter by signing up on the right sidebar, so that you can keep updated about the challenge winners and our upcoming challenges!
Here are the quick & easy Challenge rules – please read them carefully so that you can be entered in the running to win!
- To enter the challenge, create a new blog entry titled “Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Water” and Copy and Paste the html code in the box below into your blog entry to let your followers know that you’re participating in the Photo Challenge so that they can join in the fun too.
- Take one or more photos of anything outdoors that you feel represents the Challenge theme best! Animals, Plants, People…any subject is ok as long as the photos are taken outside.
- The Audience Choice Winner will be decided based upon which entry below receives the most comments on this page – tell your friends and family to come and reply with a comment below your entry here! Everyone can vote for as many entries as they like.
- Comment on this page with the URL to your blog entry! After 7 days, we will announce the 1st Place Winner, Audience Choice Winner, and 5 Honorable Mention Winners, all of whom will have their winning shots with a link to their blog featured here on LetsBeWild.com
- Be sure to visit the blogs of other people entering the Weekly Challenge & leave them some comment love too!
- Both professionals and amateur photographers are welcome to participate, and both stand an equally good chance of winning!