The forest is the perfect place to spend time in the outdoors! Forests come in all varieties, from the Redwood forests of Northern California pictured above to cypress swamps, rainforests & jungles, islands covered with palm trees, and so many more. Many of these forests are home to thousands of species of plants and animal, who take shelter among the trees!
On Wednesday, June 5th (at 2pm EST, so be sure to submit your entries before that time, even at 1:59pm!) we’ll choose 1 judge’s choice winner, 2 honorable mentions, and 1 audience choice winner & share their entries here on LetsBeWild.com, announcing the winners by the following day! Send your friends to this page to leave a comment-vote for your entry to win the audience choice award!
Here are the quick & easy Challenge rules – please read them carefully so that you can be entered in the running to win!
- To enter the challenge, create a new blog entry titled “Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – The Forest” and Copy and Paste the html code in the box below into your blog entry (you’ll need to click the code tab when pasting it into your blog) to let your followers know that you’re participating in the Photo Challenge so that they can join in the fun too.
- Take one or more photos of something outdoors that fits the challenge theme! Watermarks and signatures are fine, but shouldn’t cover the entire image. Large images are the best kind and while there are no mandatory size requirements, thumbnail sized photos just can’t show off your talent (or the beauty of nature) the way a nice big image like the one you see above can.
- The Audience Choice Winner will be decided based upon which entry below receives the most comments on this page – tell your friends and family to come and reply with a comment below your entry here on LetsBeWild.com! Everyone can vote for as many entries as they like.
- Comment on this page with the URL to your blog entry! After 7 days, we will announce the 1st Place Winner, Audience Choice Winner, and 2 Honorable Mention Winners, all of whom will have their winning shots with a link to their blog featured here on LetsBeWild.com
- Be sure to visit the blogs of other people entering the Weekly Challenge & leave them some comment love too!
- Both professionals and amateur photographers are welcome to participate, and both stand an equally good chance of winning!