Smell is one of our most powerful senses. Long after we’ve forgotten what our hands and feet felt and even after we forget exactly how things looked, certain scents still linger in our minds, triggering memories years later. It’s not an easy task to photograph a scent, but do your best to photograph something that has a beautiful or memorable smell! Maybe it’s a scene photographed in the ancient forests of the Pacific Northwest where the scents of redwoods and Douglas fir mingle with the cool, fog laden breeze that carries the smell of the sea inland. Perhaps it’s a dirt path after a rainstorm, where the smell of fresh, moist earth fills the air. Maybe you’ll turn your lens on a beautiful, fragrant flower that seems as though you can almost smell it through your photo. Whatever you choose to photograph, we can’t wait to see!
On Wednesday, May 15th (at 2pm EST, so be sure to submit your entries before that time, even at 1:59pm!) we’ll choose 1 judge’s choice winner, 2 honorable mentions, and 1 audience choice winner & share their entries here on LetsBeWild.com, announcing the winners by the following day! Send your friends to this page to leave a comment-vote for your entry to win the audience choice award!
Here are the quick & easy Challenge rules – please read them carefully so that you can be entered in the running to win!
- To enter the challenge, create a new blog entry titled “Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Scent” and Copy and Paste the html code in the box below into your blog entry (you’ll need to click the code tab when pasting it into your blog) to let your followers know that you’re participating in the Photo Challenge so that they can join in the fun too.
- Take one or more photos of something outdoors that fits the challenge theme! Watermarks and signatures are fine, but shouldn’t cover the entire image. Large images are the best kind and while there are no mandatory size requirements, thumbnail sized photos just can’t show off your talent (or the beauty of nature) the way a nice big image like the one you see above can.
- The Audience Choice Winner will be decided based upon which entry below receives the most comments on this page – tell your friends and family to come and reply with a comment below your entry here on LetsBeWild.com! Everyone can vote for as many entries as they like.
- Comment on this page with the URL to your blog entry! After 7 days, we will announce the 1st Place Winner, Audience Choice Winner, and 2 Honorable Mention Winners, all of whom will have their winning shots with a link to their blog featured here on LetsBeWild.com
- Be sure to visit the blogs of other people entering the Weekly Challenge & leave them some comment love too!
- Both professionals and amateur photographers are welcome to participate, and both stand an equally good chance of winning!