Mountains rise from the earth and pull us toward them. Some marvel at them from below, staring upward. Others feel an even deeper pull and find themselves pulled by a peculiar tug, urging them to climb the rocky slopes.
Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer. Camp out among the grass and gentians of glacier meadows, in craggy garden nooks full of Nature’s darlings. Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. As age comes on, one source of enjoyment after another is closed, but Nature’s sources never fail. … The petty discomforts that beset the awkward guest, the unskilled camper, are quickly forgotten, while all that is precious remains. Fears vanish as soon as one is fairly free in the wilderness.” — John Muir
This week, we’re challenging you to take inspiration from the mountains! If you happen to live in an area totally devoid of altitude, even moderate hills will do!
On Wednesday, April 24th (at 2pm EST, so be sure to submit your entries before that time, even at 1:59pm!) we’ll choose 1 judge’s choice winner, 5 runner ups, and 1 audience choice winner & share their entries here on LetsBeWild.com, announcing the winners by the following day! Send your friends to this page to leave a comment-vote for your entry to win the audience choice award!
Here are the quick & easy Challenge rules – please read them carefully so that you can be entered in the running to win!
- To enter the challenge, create a new blog entry titled “Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Mountains” and Copy and Paste the html code in the box below into your blog entry (you’ll need to click the code tab when pasting it into your blog) to let your followers know that you’re participating in the Photo Challenge so that they can join in the fun too.
- Take one or more photos of something outdoors that fits the challenge theme! Watermarks and signatures are fine, but shouldn’t cover the entire image. Large images are the best kind and while their are no mandatory size requirements, thumbnail sized photos just can’t show off your talent the way a nice big image like the one you see above can.
- The Audience Choice Winner will be decided based upon which entry below receives the most comments on this page – tell your friends and family to come and reply with a comment below your entry here on LetsBeWild.com! Everyone can vote for as many entries as they like.
- Comment on this page with the URL to your blog entry! After 7 days, we will announce the 1st Place Winner, Audience Choice Winner, and 5 Honorable Mention Winners, all of whom will have their winning shots with a link to their blog featured here on LetsBeWild.com
- Be sure to visit the blogs of other people entering the Weekly Challenge & leave them some comment love too!
- Both professionals and amateur photographers are welcome to participate, and both stand an equally good chance of winning!