This week we’re challenging you to point your lenses toward the clouds, because this week’s theme is clouds! Puffy and white or menacing and grey – clouds can take on many shapes, clinging to the ground as fog or towering miles into the sky. When billions of tiny molecules of water or ice crystal come together, they form a cloud. Most of the time we see them as white, since they reflect the light of the sun. When the cloud gets thick enough or high enough, it can appear grey, blocking most of the sun’s light from getting through.
This week, head outside and see if you can find some interesting clouds to take pictures of! The shots don’t have to be only of the clouds, but they should be one of the key elements in your scene!
On Wednesday, April 17th (at 2pm EST, so be sure to submit your entries before that time, even at 1:59pm!) we’ll choose 1 judge’s choice winner, 5 runner ups, and 1 audience choice winner & share their entries here on LetsBeWild.com, announcing the winners by the following day! Send your friends to this page to leave a comment-vote for your entry to win the audience choice award!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter by signing up on the right sidebar, so that you can keep updated about the challenge winners and our upcoming challenges!
Here are the quick & easy Challenge rules – please read them carefully so that you can be entered in the running to win!
- To enter the challenge, create a new blog entry titled “Wild Weekly Photo Challenge – Clouds” and Copy and Paste the html code in the box below into your blog entry (you’ll need to click the code tab when pasting it into your blog) to let your followers know that you’re participating in the Photo Challenge so that they can join in the fun too.
- Take one or more photos of something outdoors that fits the challenge theme of Reflections! Watermarks and signatures are fine, but shouldn’t cover the entire image. Large images are the best kind and while their are no mandatory size requirements, thumbnail sized photos just can’t show off your talent the way a nice big image like the one you see above can.
- The Audience Choice Winner will be decided based upon which entry below receives the most comments on this page – tell your friends and family to come and reply with a comment below your entry here on LetsBeWild.com! Everyone can vote for as many entries as they like.
- Comment on this page with the URL to your blog entry! After 7 days, we will announce the 1st Place Winner, Audience Choice Winner, and 5 Honorable Mention Winners, all of whom will have their winning shots with a link to their blog featured here on LetsBeWild.com
- Be sure to visit the blogs of other people entering the Weekly Challenge & leave them some comment love too!
- Both professionals and amateur photographers are welcome to participate, and both stand an equally good chance of winning!